Information and communication technologies, software compliance, IT contracts and intellectual property (copyright and industrial property) are among Carler’s main areas of expertise, offering both consultancy and litigation in these areas.
The daily practice of IT service contracts (integration, application and infrastructure outsourcing, AMOA, etc.), allows the firm’s lawyers to apprehend the IT contract in all its legal, operational and economic aspects from beginning to end, including its execution within the framework of contract management missions.
All the lawyers of the department participate, in addition to the negotiation of the terms of the IT contracts, in the negotiation of their technical annexes and therefore have a solid knowledge of the technical issues of the cases, particularly in terms of level of service and security.
Software compliance is a historical activity of the firm, which has participated in the creation of compliance departments at publishers and taskforces at users. This practice allows the firm to have an upstream vision of the problems of deployment and use of software. The firm regularly assists its clients in the context of audits.
The lawyers of the IP/IT team also lead training sessions and have a training activity.
Some examples of our missions
In ICT law, IT contracts and security :
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts: development, transfer, license, outsourcing distribution, software maintenance, SaaS services, etc.
- Review of the appendices (SLA, PAS, PAQ, PSSI, BCP, reversibility plan, etc.);
- Specific issues related to cloud services (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, etc.);
- Tailor-made training (introduction and advancement in IT contracts, news, negotiation points, practical issues, etc.);
- Litigation relating to IT projects;
- Contract management;
In the protection of personal data :
- Drafting of subcontracting (DPA), co-contracting agreements;
- Drafting of information notices, privacy policies, cookie policies;
- Compliance assistance;
- Tailor-made training (awareness, upgrading, news, etc.);
In terms of software compliance and audit:
- Assistance in the context of audits: analysis of applicable metrics, risk assessment, establishment of a strategy and remediation plan, negotiation and pre-litigation and litigation defense;
In terms of protection and enhancement of intangible assets and distinctive signs of the company:
- Protection of data and business secrecy;
- Protection of creations (designs & models, soleau envelope, etc.);
- Protection of distinctive signs (trademarks, company names, domain names, etc.)
Carler IP/IT assists, on all the issues further developed, the legal departments, the purchasing departments and the IT departments of a clientele made up of:
- companies using information systems, operating in all sectors of activity: pharmaceutical laboratory, retail, banking and financial sector, communication, etc.
- service providers in the digital economy and information systems: benchmark software publishers, SaaS service providers, IT service providers.
The IP/IT team favors a flexible and tailor-made approach, adapted to the operating mode of each client and the characteristics of each case.
The team also works with the legal, operational and commercial teams, with or without direct contact with the contracting party, both in the back office and in the front office.